Previsor is a web based program to assist in the diagnosis of dental disease. I think this is a great idea. I tried an early version and was not all that impressed. I would like to see Previsor retrieve data I have entered in my management system, like Dentrix, and then use that. I do not want to have to enter data twice. See the web site HERE
The following is from the Previsor web site.
The first tool is built around the RiskCalculator™ for gum disease, and includes individual components of the Periodontal Disease Calculator and Periodontal Risk Calculator. The second focuses on tooth-related disease, and includes assessment capabilities for risk of Caries, risk of root surface defects, and risk of tooth fracture. The software resides securely on your local computer.
- Disease and Risk Calculators: Takes data already collected at a standard exam and produces an accurate and objective score of risk and disease severity, based on key risk factors and current health.
- Treatments Calculator: Enables targeted care by assigning appropriate treatment options from a “best practices” database, tailored to the patient’s current risk and disease state.
- Treatments Option Plan Generator: Formats a summary of health scores and appropriate care options into an attractive, customized patient-friendly report, enhancing the communication between clinician and patient to improve patient compliance.
- Outcomes Measurement Module: Compares treatments performed with impact on risk and disease states, to refine the treatments database and recommend more highly those options proven to yield the best patient results.
Almost everything needed to use our suite of tools resides on your local computer, with only a brief transmission of data via the Internet to and from PreViser’s servers to generate reports.
- Once the application is installed on the computer, a user simply creates a patient record, enters data points gathered during a standard exam (e.g. greatest pocket depth per sextant, smoking habits, etc.).
- Then, upon clicking Finish, the clinical data is transmitted over the Internet to our servers, which generate a customized report that is immediately returned to the user’s computer to print for a patient or for clinical purposes.
- The entire process, from data entry to report production, typically takes only a few minutes.