Some thoughts on how to best spend limited IT dollars in a dental office.
- Maintain your support agreement especially if it includes software upgrades
- Get annual training for the whole office on your Practice Management System
- Purchase and use e-services to eliminate administrative busy work
- Upgrade any computers over four years old
Some thoughts on where to spend more substantial IT dollars on major systems.
(In order, most dentists already have the first two, but if you do not start here before spending $ on advanced systems )
- Network with computers in all treatment rooms
- Digital Radiography
- Digital Pan or in some cases CBCT
- Practice Web Page
- Go “Paperless”
- CAD CAM