- 90% say the medical system is on the WRONG TRACK
- 83% say they are thinking about QUITTING
- 61% say the system challenges their ETHICS
- 65% say GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT is most to blame for current problems
- 74% say they will STOP ACCEPTING Medicare patients, or leave Medicare completely
- 57% give the AMA a FAILING GRADE representing them
- 2 out of 3 say they are JUST SQUEAKING BY OR IN THE RED financially
- 70% say REDUCING GOVERNMENT would be single best fix.
Follow the link for the whole survey including methods and more detailed results. However you interpret the findings it seems a large proportion of physicians are unhappy with the direction the profession is headed and see current attempts at “reform” as making things worse.
We are fortunate that dentistry has avoided many of the third party and government intrusions that effect medicine. However change is coming and we need to be aware of the potential problems that medicine is dealing with in order to deal with them ourselves and avoid the traps that physicians have fallen into.