I saw this list of six steps to health care reform. (As opposed to complete change and government takeover) Personally I like the first four. But IMHO numbers 5 and 6 make good political reteric but would be hard to implement and will likely have little real effect on the cost of health care.
- allowing small businesses to pool their resources to purchase health-care plans,
- reducing junk lawsuits against doctors,
- allowing the purchase of insurance across state lines,
- expanding health savings accounts,
- promoting wellness and prevention,
- taking steps to reduce waste, fraud, and abuse.