Copied from the Dentrix website linked below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is Dentrix G5?
A: Dentrix G5 is the latest version of the Dentrix practice management software. It includes several new software features and enhancements, including the following:
A true client-server database architecture: This architecture adds additional stability and efficiency to the software because the server rather than the workstations now performs the work of retrieving and writing data to and from the database.
- Electronic EOBs: You can now receive and post electronic insurance payment information to the Dentrix database using an electronic Explanation of Benefits (eEOB) or Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA). The Batch Insurance Payment Entry dialog box has been modified so you can easily enter check insurance payments and review, edit, and post electronic insurance payments from the same location.
- Claim attachment requirement notifications: Those who use eClaims will be notified when they submit a claim if the payor requires a claim attachment for specific procedures if the attachment is missing.
- A new Screen Capture feature: This new feature allows you to select an area of the screen, capture it, and automatically attach the image to an insurance claim, then save the image in the Document Center.
- Report monitoring for improved security: Monitoring when someone previews or prints Day Sheet and Audit Trail reports is easier now. Each type of report has its own record in the Dentrix database and its own series of sequential audit numbers so that you can track each report type individually.
- Easier access to the Tutor database: A new option was added to make switching in and out of the Tutor database much easier. After you switch out of the Tutor database, Dentrix automatically reconnects to your practice’s live database.
For more information about these and other new features and enhancements in Dentrix G5, read the Dentrix G5 Release Guide, available in the Dentrix Resource Center at http://www.dentrix.com/resource-center/login.aspx
Q: What are the system requirements for installing and using Dentrix G5?
A: System Requirements are subject to change as Dentrix is tested with new hardware and software. Click here to obtain the most current version of the Dentrix G5 System Requirements.
Q: What else should I know before installing this software upgrade?
A: With the release of Dentrix G5, the Dentrix database location has been moved to
<Drive Letter>:\DENTRIX\Common. If you are upgrading from a previous version, your current backup configuration will no longer be valid and you will need to re-configure your backup software to back up the new location of the Dentrix database files. If you are using eBackUp, please contact eServices Customer Support at 1-800-734-5561 for assistance. If you use a third-party backup product, please contact