Here are some interesting numbers complied by Sesame Communications.
- The top two benefits of social media marketing are increasing exposure and increasing traffic. A significant 85% of all marketers indicated that their social media efforts have generated more exposure for their businesses.
- By spending as little as 6 hours per week, 61% of marketers see lead generation benefits with social media.
- Of those who have been using social media for at least 1 year, 65% found it useful for building a loyal fan base.
- Google+ (introduced in late 2011) is used by 40% of social media marketers. This is very significant considering the age of this newcomer.
- Marketers plan on increasing their use of YouTube/video (76%), Facebook (72%), Twitter (69%), blogs (68%), Google+ (67%) and LinkedIn (66%) in that order.
- Facebook is the top focus for people just getting started with social media marketing (79%).
- In 2010, 81% of marketers planned on increasing their blogging and 75% said the same in 2011.
To read the Sesame Whitepaper, “Practice Marketing and Patient Communications Platforms in the Digital Age of Dentistry,” click here