One of the most exciting new products I saw introduced at the Chicago Midwinter was the i-Cat FLX. The most significant thing that makes it exciting is that the new system allows you to take a complete 3D image at a radiation dose that is lower than a typical 2D panoramic. That is so important let’s say it again:
3D image at a dose lower than a 2D pan!
Plus, and it is a big plus, the new control panel employs a simple easily understood visual system to guide anyone through he process of setting up and taking a great scan.
The third great feature is that the user can now choose from several different scan volumes from a full head as needed for orthodontists to a single arch. This allows user flexibility to provide needed diagnostic information and still reduce the exposure when possible. That is the essence of ALARA.
And it does all this faster than ever before. Both scan times and image processing times have been reduced.
Full Press Release below:
Hatfield, PA (February 20, 2013) Imaging Sciences International is pleased to announce a new addition to the award-winning i-CAT® family of cone beam 3D imaging — the i-CAT® FLX— an innovative 3D imaging solution that can help clinicians to quickly diagnose complex problems with less radiation* and develop treatment plans more easily and accurately. This newest system to the i-CAT brand offers 3D planning and treatment tools for implants and restorations, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthodontics, plus TMD and airway disorders.
i-CAT® FLX has a range of innovative features that deliver greater clarity, ease-of-use, and control.
• Visual iQuity™ image technology provides i-CAT’s clearest 3D and 2D images*.
• QuickScan+ allows for a full-dentition 3D scan at a lower dose than a panoramic image*.
• SmartScan STUDIO’s touchscreen interface and integrated acquisition system yields more control and workflow flexibility by allowing the clinician to easily select the appropriate scan for each patient at the lowest acceptable radiation dose.
• Ergonomic Stability System (ESS) offers seated positioning, robust head stability, and adjustable seating controls to minimize patient movement, thus reducing the need for retakes. ESS also provides wheelchair accessibility.
• i-Collimator electronically adjusts the field-of-view to limit radiation only to the area of scanning interest.
• i-CAT FLX’s small footprint fits easily into any practice.
• i-PAN for traditional 2D panoramic images
Of course, as with all i-CAT products, the Tx STUDIO™ optimized treatment planning software provides immediate access to integrated treatment tools for implant planning, surgical guides, and other applications.
“We are thrilled to debut the i-CAT FLX — a complete 3D treatment solution,” says Kalpana Singh,
Sr. Product Manager for Imaging Sciences International. “Given its high level of control over radiation dose and easy workflow, we know that the i-CAT FLX can benefit dental team members and patients they treat.”
In 2012, Imaging Sciences International celebrated two decades of dedication to dental imaging, developing and manufacturing advanced dental and maxillofacial radiography products including the i-CAT® Next Generation™ and i-CAT® Precise™ and their exclusive software applications. The i-CAT brand has become among the most trusted 3D radiographic systems in the dental industry. Now, i-CAT FLX continues this legacy.
About Imaging Sciences International:
Serving the dental industry since 1992, Imaging Sciences, is at the global forefront in the development and manufacturing of the computer-controlled dental and maxillofacial radiography products, and internationally recognized by highly regarded dentists and radiologists as one of the most innovative companies in dental imaging. The i-CAT system offers clinicians enhanced features for highly effective treatment planning and surgical predictability. For more information, visit www.i-CAT.com.