It’s that time of the year. In case you need some help, following are seven new years resolutions you need to consider for 2006
- Education and Training: Resolve to learn about something you may not know much about but you know it will help you be a better dentist. Like maybe using computer technology in the office. If that doesn’t work for you maybe learn about non metal restorations or using a diode laser.
- Learn a new software application: This does not have to be dental. Learn how to use Word, or Excel or Quick Books or PhotoShop or Dreamweaver.
- Treatment room Network: If you don’t have it yet make 2006 the year you put computers in the treatment rooms.
- Add one major office function to the computer: This could be just about anything for example, charting work to be done, creating all progress notes in the computer chart instead of on paper, digital radiographs, online financing, e-calls. It is so easy to just get by with the status quo make a resolution just to do one thing then hopefully others will follow.
- Back up and Security: Review and update your security systems as needed. That means network wide antivirus, with frequent updates, a network firewall, updated passwords and redundant off site backup of all critical data.
- Check this blog several times a week! This should be self evident.
- Loose weight: Why not it’s on everyones list anyway.