Research from Sesame Communications
US Digital Media Usage report, eMarketer estimates how digital media engagement will grow in 2012 in terms of the internet, mobile, social, video, and ecommerce. Key findings:
- Over 3/4 of the total U.S. population will be online in 2012. That’s 239 million people!
- Mobile internet users will reach nearly 114 million, up 17.1% from 2011.
- By the end of the year, nearly half of the internet users in the country will be accessing the net from their mobile devices.
- Smartphone users will reach 106.7 million in 2012, up 18.4% from 2011
- In 2012, 94% of smartphones users will be mobile internet users.
- About 2/3 of web users will use social networks. 90% of those will be on Facebook.
- Facebook will reach 143.4 million users in the U.S. this year.