We ask ourselves, what new thing will technology allow me to do today that I couldn’t do yesterday? As natural and as exciting as that question is, it can be a much more meaningful example of the impact of technology to ask yourself what will I never do again?
Here are some dental office examples of things you might never do again based on developing technology.
- I will never hold a radiograph up to the light again
- I will never wait on hold again
- I will never write a treatment note again
- I will never change the chemicals in the developer again
- I will never pack tissue again
- I will never use the postage meter again
- I (or my staff) will never hand a clipboard to a patient again
- I will never spend the morning looking for a lost chart again
- I will never pour a plaster model again
From these examples, how might you plan your future or choose which new technology to invest in?