Are you net savvy? Take this quiz to determine your online footprint.
- Do you have a practice web page?
- Has the practice web page been updated in the last year?
- Do you send e-mails to patients?
- Do you have an office blog?
- Are you on Facebook, as a dentist?
- Do you Tweet?
- Are you listed in online dental directories?
- Do you have videos on YouTube?
- Can people contact you through the Internet?
- Have you claimed your Google+ place?
Give yourself one point for every yes answer. If you answered no to question 2, your web page is not up to date, subtract 4 points. It is actually worse to have an out of date poor web site than to have none at all.
If you scored a perfect 10 then you are an up to date, 21st Century, net savvy, Web 2.0, power practice.
On the other hand if you scored 5 or 6 you are typical. If you scored less than 3…well you wouldn’t have because at less than 3 you wouldn’t be reading a blog to begin with.
The point of the quiz is to demonstrate that having an online footprint does not simply mean you have a web page or an office Facebook page. A practice web site is just the beginning. To use the Internet effectively means tapping into the power of dynamic, interactive web sites; social media, e-communications, search engines, social networking and more.