The following concerns rank among the most pressing for dentists, according to the American Dental Association’s Center for Dental Benefits, Coding and Quality.
1. Claim rejection. Dentists often have questions around the following four CDT codes: D4341 and D4342 for periodontal scaling and root planing; D4910 for periodontal maintenance; and D2950 for core buildups.
2. Provider contract issues.
3. Bundling, downcoding the least expensive alternative treatment cause.
4. Coordination of benefits.
5. Electronic fund transfers.