Getting your practice on the first page of Google with a key word search is completely different now than it was a few years ago. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the art and science of figuring out the secret Google algorithm that determines organic page rank based on search terms and then building that secret sauce into your website. There are five problems with this:
- No one really knows the Google secret sauce.
- The secret sauce changes constantly.
- In any good size city hundreds or even thousands of dentists are vying for the front page and only a handful will make it.
- Major Websites with a significant online presence like Wikipedia or Yelp will always outrank a local dentist.
- Most people (almost 70%) looking for a dentist do not type in a generic keyword like “dentist”. They seek a personal referral just as they have in the past and then type in the dentist’s name.