A recent Linked in forum asked the hypothetical question, what would you do if you suspected a team member was embezzling money from the office?
David Harris the wiz behind Prosperident has this to say…what not to do.
- Start asking unusual questions of staff
- Ask for reports you haven’t requested before
- Spend lots of time in your private office on the phone with your CPA
- Allow a couple of geeky looking people with briefcases to come to your office to look at stuff
- Implement additional security features in your software
- Start posting articles about embezzlement in other offices on your staffroom bulletin board
- Run around flapping your wings like a chicken